Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog Post #3

Paige Ellis

Paige Ellis really came up with an outstanding assignment. I know as a student, who is a teacher in the making you do not think about others helping you improve. As a teacher you know it is your duty to help others be their best and encourage them. Peer Editing is very essential part to being a great teacher. I learned it is very important to be a good peer editor. The video "What is Peer Editing" was very helpful because, it taught you how to be positive, when doing constructive criticism. Staying positive is an exceptional trait because, it will uplift your peer and will motivate them to do better and give them insight that you are really trying to help them. Constructive criticism is to make a person better at writing. I like when someone my age corrects my work. I can relate more to them because, I can get an idea of where they are coming from. There are three ways to becoming a good peer editor it is compliments, stay positive, and give suggestions. Following these rules can ensure you are doing a great job and the person feels you are helping them. The Mountbattern

The Mountbattern is a great instrument for vision and hearing impaired students. I like the fact it is very up to date with technology in today's society. The Mountbattern can save, transfer, and receive files from a computer. The reason this is very helpful for teachers because they can upload the school material onto the instrument for the children to keep up with class assignments.As a teacher I will use it in my classroom because, I do not want any students to feel as if they are not getting the same opportunity as the other students. I will already have my lesson for the child ready for them to learn what I teaching. The Mountbattern is a great tool for students. Assistive Technologies

The issue being raised throughout classrooms now is how to assist children who are vision and hearing impaired. The first video raised the awareness of this issue. Children all over the world are being born everyday and have vision and hearing issues. Scientist are becoming more involved with creating different ways for people to deal with their gift and feel like a "regular" person. To handle the gifted children in my classroom I would want to keep the technology updated as much as possible in the classroom. I want the children to feel comfortable and enjoy learning. The one tool I was fond of was the IPad. The IPad was very accessible for gifted people because, when you slide your finger across the top it reads the applications out loud to you. Another accessory I liked was the two different ways to type. I thought those were convent because, a person could make sure they were spelling words correctly. The tools Apple company are making to assist everyone is amazing. The different products are helping the students have more knowledge on technology than some adults. Technology is improving everyday and of course the school system has to keep up in order to have the best quality tools to assist the students. Harness Your Student's Digital Smarts

In Vicki Davis "Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts" the video gave great insight how technology is improving everyday. I am amazed of how her class is equal between the student and teacher. Davis enjoys learning new ideas from her students. This practice is good because, it helps her classroom stay open minded to new ideas. My classroom may not be technology savy but, my students will have the resources they need to improve. I want a teaching style like Davis where she allows her children to teach also. I think this method helps the child build confidence, and also this way the child really knows what they are learning. Davis is enhancing technology learning by letting her student's engage with other students around the world. The students will be well rounded, up to date with technology and willing to learn new things. Technology is growing and teachers and students are learning how to grow with technology.

2 comments:

  1. "Scientist are becoming more involved ..." scientists, not scientist

    "The tools Apple company are making to assist everyone is amazing." are, not is

    "My classroom may not be technology savy but,..." Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Valentine's Day globe. You made a few points that I agree very strongly with. I do not want any of my students to feel as if they are not getting the same opportunity as other students. I also enjoyed watching Mrs. Davis' class. It was very interesting to see her students learn together and even teach her new things. I often associate that as hands on and feel that if you learn that way then you will actually "learn".
    I really enjoyed your opinions and reading your blog post. The only suggestions I have would be to proofread it again to make sure if flows smoothly. Good luck with becoming a teacher. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete