Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Special Blog #1

WolframAlpha
Dr. Strange was absolutely right, I clearly misinterpreted the "Did You Know" video. The video is comparing the population of each country. The video also shows how technology is becoming more prominent in today's society. Also, how fast the population all over the world is growing at a rapid speed is also amazing. WolframAlpha is a great website. The site gives valuable information on comparing different countries and shows the statics for the comparison. I did two of my own searches to give the site a try. The first search was compare the population of the United States, India, and China. The site is useful because, it gives you more information than you asked for example it gives you the rank of each country on where they stand all over the world. This gives you a better understanding and overview to compare easily. My results for this search is China is ranked number one with 1.35 billion people. Although, China is number one out of the three country's, India's population growth is higher at 1.44% a year. The second search I did was compare which country has a better education system. The results varied throughout all levels of education. India is ranked number one for both primary and secondary education. The United States has 18.25 million for college students. I did these two searches because, the population is going to continue to grow and so is education. I feel as a student going into the education field I need to be up to date with the growth in order to accommodate my students. Also if the population rate continues to grow then the classrooms will get bigger will make the student to teacher ratio go up.
Gary Hayes
Gary Hayes website is AMAZING I literally sat for a good ten minutes just watching the numbers go up and the money increase. The site showed you that time is valuable. You should not waste time doing something you do not want to do because, you can not get the time back. Everything is constantly changing in our world and Hayes did an excellent job capturing the moments in life. The site also shows nothing is private. It showed how many likes Facebook is getting every minute. Hayes captured moments from last month to the very last second and counting. What this site means for my professional career is I have to adapt to the change in the world. Also, to be careful what I put on social media websites because anyone can see what I post, tweet, or what picture I like. When people are looking at my background it shows what type of person I am and who I portray to be. The site also taught me time is valuable to teaching. If the world is changing at a fast pace so will the classrooms eventually. Time is of the essence and everything will continue to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment