Sunday, April 28, 2013

Last C4T

Mike Prater
The teacher I was assigned was Mike Prater the name of his blog was " Growth Through Learning". The name of the first post I read was titled "Motivate Students to learn without rewards" describes how to keep your students motivated through learning. Prater made 3 points to keep students motivated. The first one is show genuine care for your students, by getting on a personal level with them. Next, demonstrate a constant excitement about personal learning, you have to be excited in order for your students to be excited. The last one is introduce appropriate challenges. Let your students know it is alright to take a challenge. My comment wars I introduced myself and told where I was from. I also mentioned how I enjoyed reading his blog post. I also said how teachers should get students more involved in learning.

The last post I read by Mike Prater is called "Loving the Unlovable Student". Mr.Prater was assigned a group of students who all had to re-take the Physical Science class he was teaching. At first he did not want a group of students who had to retake the class because he felt that they would not be interested kin the class. Prater wanted the "good" students the ones who were eager to learn. Instead of continuing to look at the situation as bad he made the best of it for himself and the students. At the end of the post Prater made a statement that I really like "teachers should never loose passion for their job". This is so true everyday I see teachers just going in the classroom and really liking what they do. My comment was I introduced myself and said where I was from. I also said how I enjoy reading all his blog post. I am a future teacher and you have had some great experiences in the teaching field. I admire the way you handle certain situations. I also mentioned how the position he was put in was just a helpful reminder to him to never loose sight of teaching and the passion for it. teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment