Monday, April 1, 2013

Blog 10


Adventures in Pencil Integration
The cartoon by John T. Spencer is a very clever illustration. I like the fact it is a spin off of "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC." In my opinion Mr. Spencer is talking about tools in the classroom. Yes, pencil and paper are a necessity in the classroom and has been used for a long time. As we all know in the education field technology is taking over. This is where Ticonderoga comes into play.
Why Were Your Kids Playing Games?
In Mr. Spencer blog Why Were Your Kids Playing Games, Mr. Spencer shares a story on how him and the principal where having a conversation about what was going on in the classroom. The principal wants the students to learn by memorizing everything and that is not really learning or helpful for the children. The principal is trying to make sure the students are passing standardized test and have "burp back" information. Mr. Spencer is incorporating games into learning so children can understand and retain the information.

3 comments:

  1. This is Blog Post #10. Please correct your title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexandria,
    I'm glad you understood the cartoon because I couldn't. Otherwise, I would have thought the cartoon was very interesting. I think Mr. Spencer has the right idea on using games to teach lessons. I think it makes learning more fun. I enjoyed reading your blog, have a good week!

    Hannah Dickerson

    ReplyDelete
  3. McLeod?

    You had trouble understanding Mr. Spencer's metaphors: technology (or computers) for pencils.

    You bailed on Dr. McLeod.

    ReplyDelete