Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blog Post 9

Joe McClung Version 4 Post
Joe McClung's blog post were all very helpful. McClung has been teaching for four years now, after every year he creates a blog reflecting on his school year. It really gave me a lot of insight of how teaching is and also seeing it through a teacher's eyes. As a future teacher the blog post really got me thinking about how am I going to be as a teacher. The first blog post I read was the Version 4 post. McClung gave two great ideas one was have faith in yourself and your own teaching skills. I feel this is very important because, you are the one teaching and if you do not sound convincing or confident how are you going to lead students who look up to you. Your teaching skills are something you developed and it defines who you are as a teacher. McClung also stated you should keep in mind are the children having fun while learning. In the fourth post McClung mentioned how he did not learn a lot like he did when he first started teaching but he did mention how as a teacher one should not get really comfortable in teaching styles. The teacher should always challenge themselves to do something different every year they are teaching. I learned from this post that you are going to learn something new every year as teaching. What I've Learned This Year 2008'09
The next blog I decided to read was McClung's first blog post. The reason being is because,I wanted to know how was his first year of teaching. I get excited every time I think about teaching and having my own classroom. McClung's first lesson he learned was that it is not always about the teacher. As a teacher McClung was reminded he is teaching children and to always check for student comprehension. I agree as a people we can get caught up in making sure everything is perfect. Another great point that stuck out to me was to listen to your students. You are going to be with your students majority of your life. You should create a relationship with them so they can feel comfortable around you. The studnets have a voice, McClung said to listen to the students to build that student teacher relationship. McClung's blogs gave a lot of great insight on how teaching is it is almost like the do's and don'ts of teaching. I realize you are going to learn something new everyday with a teaching profession. stay positive

2 comments:

  1. Stay positive!

    I hope you will make annual reflections like Mr. McClung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You and I are a lot alike in that we both chose to read the first and the last post made by Mr. McClung. It is always interesting to see how teachers grow and how their opinions change with time. My Fiance is a Secondary Science Education major in his last semester (student teaching). His mom and dad are both already Secondary Science teachers, and it is amazing to listen to difference in their stories and experiences. The stories coming from my fiance are completely different from those coming from his parents who have been teaching for almost 30 years. They are the same, though, in the aspect of "Staying Positive" and "Keeping the Students' best interest at Hand" and the other things that Mr. McClung mentioned in his post.

    ReplyDelete